Sheerlust.com referred hereto as the “Website”, “We”, or “Us” is published and maintained by Sheer Lust, LLC. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Read below to learn about how we use your private information and the steps we take to ensure that it is secure.
Information We Collect
Depending on how you use the Website, we may ask you to share certain information with us including, your name, home and/or business address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card and other payment information, and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online contact with you as an individual collectively referred hereto as “Personal Information”. The following is a list of actions that may trigger the request of information including some Personal Information:
- Sign up for e-mail: In order to receive our e-mail newsletters, you need to share your e-mail address. You do not have to sign up for e-mail to browse the Website and make purchases.
- Becoming a registered user: In order to register, you need to share some Personal Information, such as your e-mail address. You do not have to be a registered user to browse the Website.
- Making a purchase: When you place an order on the Website you are required to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number and credit card expiration date. This information is used to process and fill your order and to keep you informed of the status of your order. By making a purchase, you become a registered user of the Website. You can choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your shipping and billing addresses in the “My Account/Login” section. You can access this section using your registration login and password.
- Entering a sweepstake or contest: You may be asked to provide Personal Information in order to enter a sweepstakes or contest, or answer a survey, on the Website. If you choose to enter a sweepstakes or contest, or answer a survey, you will become a registered user (if you aren't one already). If you choose not to answer, you may not be able to participate in the sweepstakes, contest or survey.
Website Usage Information
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer. Cookies are not linked to any personal information while on our Web site. Cookies are used for many reasons, including assisting us with the functionality of our Web site. If you refuse to accept cookies, certain functions of our website may not operate correctly. Additionally we may use software to aid us in tracking a visitor's progress. This way, we can improve our Web site and your experience.
Our server automatically collects data about your server’s Internet address when you visit Us. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you’re on the Internet. When you request pages from our Website, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to Us (e.g., another Website or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Website; the Website you visit after this Website; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Website or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our Web servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet service provider.
Our service providers may perform any or all of these activities with regard to Website usage information on our behalf.
How is the Personal Information used?
We will use the Personal Information you provide to our Website, for example, to respond to your requests, fill and process your orders, and to provide you with our product and service offerings. In addition, we may send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like), and otherwise correspond with you, about products, services, and events, sponsored by Us, that We think might interest you.
We may use third-party partners to help operate our Website and deliver our products and services, and may share your information with our service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this Website or for our business (such as Website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other web sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. We also encourage our users to review the Privacy Statements of our service providers available on their websites.
We will take reasonable precautions to protect the security and integrity of any information you provide to this Website. However, We cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your privacy.
While We take reasonable precautions to protect the security and integrity of Personal Information provided to this Website, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications medium, We cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information as follow
- We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") authentication for online transactions made on our site. SSL authentication and encryption of the information that you send to Us over the Internet helps protect your online transaction information from third party interception.
- Your credit card information is never used except to issue refunds and charges for orders placed on our Website. For your own safety, please refrain from using email to send Us your credit card information. As a rule of thump, don’t ever send Us your credit card information via e-mail.
- We never display your full credit card number once it has been entered.
- For additional security, we do not store your credit card number after processing your payment.
- We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone or share your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
Unauthorized third parties may unlawfully intercept transaction transmissions. This reality is true of all Internet use. As a result, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit, and you transmit all information at your own risk.
If you contact Us by e-mail or a “Contact” or similar feature on our Website, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view information you send by these methods in transit.
If you choose to become a registered user, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Website by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to
(1) Immediately notify Us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (2) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your responsibility to control the distribution and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify Us when you desire to cancel your account on this Website. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
We will not be liable for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transaction transmission.
In the unlikely event that We believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, We may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, We would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent We have your e-mail address, We may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: December 2014.