Whether is it keeping up with the latest trends, or deciding on what accents and colors to add to a wardrobe, there are so many ways to spice up an outfit. When trying to add to your attire this season proper colors combos are crucial. The following are our top three unexpected color combinations for your makeup routine and nail needs that will complete any wardrobe style.
Gray & Beige
Don't judge a book by its color. Nail polish themes and makeup looks with this color combination can look incredible when applied correctly. The next time you go get a manicure try out one of these combos.
- For a simple yet sophisticated look, try painting all your nails beige but incorporate the gray polish in by having a gray accent nail.
- For a bolder look, paint the tip of your nail with a thick line of gray polish. After, apply a thin line of beige underneath the grey tip.
Gray and beige also work great for a subtle and mysterious eye makeup look.
- Apply gray eyeshadow to the eye lid.
- Take a lighter gray or white and apply to inside corner blending out the the gray on the eyelid.
- After the grays are blended, apply beige eyeshadow to the crease and blend with the gray.
- Apply mascara on top and bottom lashes.
Turquoise & Tangerine
There are various ways to wear these colors, no matter the ultimate decision on how to incorporate these colors, you will be pleasantly surprised at how well they compliment each other.
In regards to nails, this color combo pairs two bright nail polish colors together for a spunky and flirty look:
- When trying to wear these colors on nails, make sure to use one as an accent color and the other a base color. For instance, turquoise as a base color with tangerine polish as an accent.
- With this spunky color as the accent you can create sunset nail polish themes, polka dots, flowers, and more.
But wait! Will this work for makeup too?
The answer is YES!
Incorporating this color combo to a makeup routine makes the eyes pop.
- Apply the tangerine based eyeshadow to the eyelid and crease the eyes with a slightly darker shade of tangerine.
- Be sure to blend both colors together, the shade difference should not be drastic between the two tangerine eyeshadows.
- After, take a smaller eye shadow brush and apply the turquoise color as a bottom eyeliner.
- Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
Soft Pink & Chocolate Brown
- When creating a manicure with these colors, especially in the summertime, focus more on the soft pink and keep the chocolate brown as a highlight.
For an eyeshadow routine, you can use these colors to do a smokey cat eye.
- Apply the light pink eyeshadow on the eyelid and inner “V.”
- Apply the chocolate brown eyeshadow in the crease of your eye as well as the inner and outer “V” of your eyelid.
- Smudge the chocolate brown eyeshadow along the bottom lashes.
- Complete with eyeliner and mascara.